News & Opinion

  • US to issue more temporary worker visas this summer

    June 22, 2017 Eliana Phelps
    The Homeland Security Department has decided to offer extra visas for temporary, seasonal workers, a department spokesman said Wednesday. DHS spokesman David Lapan said Homeland Security John Kelly hasn’t decided how many visas will be offered but that number should be set soon. Lapan said the department expects to start issuing visas as soon as late ...
    Read more
  • Measures to Combat H-1B Visa Fraud

    June 16, 2017 Eliana Phelps
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced certain measures against H­-1B visa fraud. Startling warnings have been issued to companies that look to bring in foreign workers through the H-­1B visa program, one of the most prominent guest­worker programs. Such U.S. companies have been directed to first look for American workers to fill those ...
    Read more
  • Where to Send Form N-600?

    June 15, 2017 Eliana Phelps
    Form N­-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is the USCIS form that must be filed by individuals who acquire or derive US citizenship from their parents and by the individuals who become US citizens by the action of law, to obtain US citizenship certificates. A variety of supporting documents must be submitted and copies of ...
    Read more
  • Social Media Checks for US Visa Applicants

    June 14, 2017 Eliana Phelps
    If you have plans to apply for a U.S. visa in the near future, get ready to provide information on your social media accounts. The Trump administration is taking all possible steps to tighten visa rules. Now, the administration has unveiled a questionnaire that asks visa applicants for information on their social media accounts. The Office ...
    Read more
  • Difference Between Visa Expiration Date and Authorized Period of Stay

    June 13, 2017 Eliana Phelps
    A lot of people are unaware of the difference between the visa expiration date and the date of expiration of their authorized period of stay. To travel to the U.S. you must hold a passport and a valid U.S visa. You need to get the right type of visa based on the purpose of your ...
    Read more

My AVVO Answers

Recent Posts