News & Opinion

  • Social Media Checking?

    July 19, 2017Eliana Phelps
    Is it correct to check social media accounts of immigrants who wants to enter to United States? Much controversy has been generated since immigrants who have entered to United States have been asked to let officers review their social media.   Since May 25 of this year, this measure has been taken strictly as a security mechanism against ...
    Read more
  • Can I apply for Asylum?

    July 16, 2017Eliana Phelps
    People all over the world arrive at the United Port of Entries across the United States Border seeking for asylum. Asylum seekers present themselves to the United State Custom Border Patrol (CBP) without any document issued by the Department of State Consular Division and request to be admitted based on “credible fear of persecution and ...
    Read more
  • USCIS Introduces Redesigned Form for Green Card Applicants

    June 26, 2017Eliana Phelps
    WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today published a revised Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485). The new Form I-485 and instructions have been substantially updated to reduce complexity after collecting comments from the public and stakeholders. The revised version gives applicants better information to accurately complete Form I-485, including clear navigation ...
    Read more
  • Measures to Combat H-1B Visa Fraud

    June 16, 2017Eliana Phelps
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced certain measures against H­-1B visa fraud. Startling warnings have been issued to companies that look to bring in foreign workers through the H-­1B visa program, one of the most prominent guest­worker programs. Such U.S. companies have been directed to first look for American workers to fill those ...
    Read more
  • Where to Send Form N-600?

    June 15, 2017Eliana Phelps
    Form N­-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is the USCIS form that must be filed by individuals who acquire or derive US citizenship from their parents and by the individuals who become US citizens by the action of law, to obtain US citizenship certificates. A variety of supporting documents must be submitted and copies of ...
    Read more

My AVVO Answers

Recent Posts