Post Divorce Modifications
As people’s lives continually change, you may come to find that your current divorce terms no longer fit your lifestyle. If you feel that your current divorce terms are inappropriate for your current lifestyle you can file appeals to modify the arrangements of your divorce, custody and visitation agreements.
Post Divorce Modifications Lawyers in Murrieta
Examples of post divorce modifications can include things such as:
- If you can no longer make your child or spousal support payments because you have taken a lower paying job or lost your job completely, you can petition the court to lower your payments.
- If the parent responsible for child or spousal support is earning substantially more money and can afford to pay more in support fees, you can petition the court to increase payment amounts.
- If property was omitted from the property settlement during the divorce judgment, you can petition the court to divide the property differently.
- If your ex-spouse is planning on moving or relocating with your children, you can petition the court to prevent the move or change the visitation agreement.
- If the custodial parent has experienced a change in circumstances that makes them more or less fit as the custodial parent, you can petition the court to change the child custody and visitation agreement.
- In the event that the child custody and visitation agreement has changed, you can petition the court to modify the child support payments as necessary.
- If the needs of the child have changed, you can petition the court to change the child custody and visitation agreement.
There are many reasons and circumstances which can cause the need for a change to the divorce or child custody judgments. In the case that you find you need to make a change to either agreement, please call California divorce modification lawyer Eliana Phelps. Her extensive experience with divorce and custody law will make the process painless and seamless. The paperwork and legal proceedings that can be involved with making modifications to a divorce judgment can be long and complicated; having a divorce lawyer on your side will ensure that everything is done efficiently and correctly.