Is it okay for me to marry my partner if I don’t apply for immigration status for him or her?

After marrying your partner it is your and  your partner decision whether or not to apply for an immigrant status based on the marital relationship existent between the two  of you.

Same sex marriages are recognized as valid marriages for purposes of obtaining immigration benefits including but not limited to the right to permanent reside in the United States as a Permanent Resident and the opportunity to apply for United States Citizenship after three years of entering a valid marriage conditioned that at the time of applying for Naturalization the applicant is still married to the US Citizen same sex partner.